Perfetti Van Melle India (PVMI) works as a Socially Responsible Corporate with environmental concern. In alignment with the Vision & Mission Statement of the Perfetti Van Melle Group, PVMI through its Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) initiatives will continue to enhance value creation in the society and in the community in which it operates, through its conduct and initiatives, so as to promote sustainable growth for the society and community.
The objective of PVMI CSR policy is:
i) to engage in fair business activities by placing high priorities on legal compliances, human rights and the environment
ii) to operate in economically, socially and environmentally sustainable manner while recognizing the interest of all our stakeholders
iii) to directly or indirectly take up activities that benefit the communities in and around our Factories/Offices (Work centers) and results, over a period of time, in enhancing the quality of life and economic well-being of the local populace
iv) to generate community goodwill for PVMI and help building a positive and socially, environmentally responsible image of PVMI as a corporate entity
v) to engage and equip all PVMI employees to build sustainability thinking and practices into their everyday work
The list of activities to be undertaken by the company falling within the purview of the activities specified in Schedule VII of the Companies Act, 2013 are as follows :
- Education: In education, we will seek to provide assistance to the most vulnerable and underprivileged children.
- Contribution to the Prime Minister’s National Relief Fund or any other fund set up by the Central Government for socio-economic development and relief and welfare of the Scheduled Castes, the Schedule Tribes, other backward classes, minorities and women.
- Ensuring environmental sustainability, ecological balance, protection of flora and fauna, animal welfare, agroforestry, conservation of natural resources and maintaining quality of soil, air and water;
- Infrastructure Development: We will strive to set up essential services that form the foundation of sustainable development through basic infrastructure facilities like safe drinking water, sanitation/hygiene and renewable sources of energy
The committee constituted under Section 135 (1) of the Companies Act, 2013 shall review the policy from time to time and recommend to the Board of any addition/ deletion/ substitution in the activities enlisted above.
3. CSR Committee
The CSR committee of the Board consists of 3 directors, namely :
1. Mr. Hubertus Jacobus Sanders, Chairman
2. Mr. Ramesh Jayaraman, Managing Director
3. Mr. Harsh Arora, Director and Company Secretary
The Board of Directors shall review the constitution of CSR committee from time to time and may make necessary changes therein.
3.2 Powers of the committee
(i) Formulate CSR Policy and recommend the same to the Board of Directors of the Company for approval.
(ii) Recommend CSR activities as stated under Schedule VII of the Act.
(iv) Recommend the CSR Budget.
(v) Spend the allocated CSR amount on the CSR activities once it is approved by the Board of Directors of the Company in accordance with the Act and the CSR Rules.
(vi) Create transparent monitoring mechanism for implementation of CSR Initiatives in India.
(vii) Submit the Reports to the Board in respect of the CSR activities undertaken by the Company.
(viii) Monitor CSR Policy from time to time.
4. Implementation Of CSR Activities
- The CSR activities will be undertaken by various work centers of PVMI to the best possible extent within the defined ambit of the above identified ‘Thrust Areas’ under the guidance of the CSR Committee.
- The Company would implement the CSR programmes through Company personnel and partnerships with expert Registered Trust or a Registered society or any other body permitted under Companies (Corporate Social Responsibility Policy) Rules 2014. The Smile Foundation and TERI are the trusts in the panel.
- The CSR committee shall specify the modalities of execution of such project or programs and implementation schedules for the same.
- The CSR committee shall also constitute a transparent monitoring mechanism for implementation so the CSR projects or programs or activities undertaken by the company.
- Every year, the CSR Committee will place for the Board’s approval, a CSR Plan delineating the CSR Programmes to be carried out during the financial year and the specified budgets thereof. The Board will consider and approve the CSR Plan with any modification that may be deemed necessary.
- The CSR Committee will assign the task of implementation of the CSR Plan within specified budgets and timeframes to such persons or bodies as it may deem fit.
- The persons/bodies to which the implementation is assigned will carry out such CSR Programmes as determined by the Committee within the specified budgets and timeframes and report back to the Committee on the progress thereon at such frequency as the Committee may direct.
- The Committee shall review the implementation of the CSR Programmes once a quarter and issue necessary directions from time to time to ensure orderly and efficient execution of the CSR Programmes in accordance with this Policy.
- At the end of every financial year, the CSR Committee will submit its report to the Board.
CSR expenditure will include all expenditure, direct and indirect, incurred by the Company on CSR Programmes undertaken in accordance with the approved CSR Plan. Moreover, any surplus arising from any CSR Programmes shall be used for CSR.
The committee shall annually review the CSR Policy and make suitable changes as may be required and submit the revised policy for the approval of the Board.